How your child plays, learns, speaks, and acts offers important clues about your child’s development. Developmental milestones are things most children can do by a certain age. This free booklet from the CDC offers fun tips on how to aid your baby's development.
For example, you can help your baby's development by:
- Looking at pictures with your baby and talking about them.
- Laying your baby on his tummy when he is awake and putting toys near him.
- Encouraging your baby to lift his head by holding toys at eye level in front of him.
- Holding a toy or rattle above your baby’s head and encouraging her to reach for it.
- Holding your baby upright with his feet on the floor. Singing and talking to your baby.
Click below for the CDC's free printable milestone guides: